Also known as Retinol, Retinyl palmitate and retinoic acid. Vitamin A Increases the production of new cells and rejection of old cells. Studies show that sun-induced wrinkles and pigment disorders are reduced.
But that’s not the only thing; studies show that it:
- Absorbs UVA and UVB rays in the skin as a sunscreen.
- Provides rapid skin renewal, increases production of new cells
- Regulates sebum production.
- New formation of connective tissue and normalized cell division.
- Maintain the immune system by increasing potential Langerhans cells (protecting DNA)
- Contributes to keratin, which is the building material for the hair.
- Reinforces the hair and the texture of the hair. Stimulates the sebum production
Fun fact: The absence of vitamin A can result in hair loss and dandruff, as cellular waste fills hair follicles.